Saturday, June 03, 2006

This morning's blooms

I slapped on some Bullfrog repellant (Mosquitoes are horrible this year! Where are all the bats to eat them?) and went for a small recon mission in the garden this morning.



The rose I've been waiting for bloomed. The description said Mauve, I swear it did! I like what happened anyway, but it was a bit different than expected :-}





The the Sara Bernhardt peony is in full bud.









And the wine-red peony bud bloomed a beautiful deep pink/magenta.










And this morning I spotted the spiderwort in full bloom back by the otter bird fountain bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ysabeau said...

Oh,my my my, your garden is stuffed with gorgeousness right now, isn't it! I love your photos, of course, as usual! My Sutter's Gold roses in front are trying to bloom so hard that the green leaves are invisible because of the masses of bloom. I just love Spring.

B*B, Ysabeau

12:16 PM  
Blogger Diana Troldahl said...

You have sutters gold roses too!???
That;s the yellow rose I have!!!!
Mine is wee, probably becasue of the cold climate, but its got laods of blooms for its size :-}

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter