Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Dream Garden

Have you ever sat down and dreamed a garden? Thought about what plants you'd have, what special little nooks and crannies you'd add? When I was in elementary school, I dreamed about having a huge tract of land, made into an animal sanctuary, somewhere in the pacific northwest, with good views of the Pacific (and a mansion with a huuuge library).
When I was ill a few years back, during that long summer when I could do no dirt digging I had extremely detailed mental plans. I designed a maze, a Goddess garden, a sanctuary based on a pentacle (earth air fire water and spirit), an arbor surrounded with aromatic flowers, a dyers garden, A wildlife garden, a culinary herb garden, a medicinal herb garden, A water garden (including a stunning waterfall)... In reality, my garden has none of those things. Its nice though. And someday, when we're very rich, I may hire someone to implement all my designs.. Or maybe, a bit at at time, I might choose one of those gardens and implement it myself. In the meantime, I'm happy to dream, and I bet many of the books I write will have wonderful gardens.

Image: Kuan Yin from House Bonsai

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter